This week has been so busy at school. I have classes almost every period, lots of translation work for the exchange program, and it’s just before mid-term exams. I’m also busy as the English examiner for the exchange program.
In addition to translating presentations into English, I also translated a letter to AJ of the Backstreet Boys.
I deactivated my Facebook account. I prefer not to go into much detail about it, but here were some of my reasons:
- privacy and security issues
- not flexible for sharing pics with non-users
- time waster
- productivity killer
- users become lazy with real friendships (quantity > quality = no good)
- annoying status updates
- group and event invitations
- Facebook has replaced calling, texting and emailing for its addicts
- FarmVille, Mafia Wars, Gifts, Pokes and so on…
- friendship requests from strangers
- low quality information overload
After deactivating, I suddenly felt relieved and less pressure to check my computer or smartphone. Was I really wasting that much time on Facebook?